Hit download to watch it in fullview .
Hello guys. As promised here is a step by step progress of my Lightning drawing from the sketch to the final drawing. If there are any questions feel free to ask
1. The first lines which I did with an 3H regular pencil. The size of the paper is A2. It´s called Hahnemühle Nostalgie sketchpaper. It has 190 gsm.
2. Started with the facial shadings and a bit of the hair. Worked mostly with my 0,7mm 2B mech pencil which you can see there. blended a lot with a tissue.
3. Progress of step 2. I use my 3H pencil also for the brightest shadings.
4. Started with the background. I drew multiple layers of graphite from 2B till 6B and blended all with a brush to give it a constant smooth look.
5. Finished the background and all the glowing and sparkling crystals and started with her armour. He was mostly done with my 0,7mm 2B pencil again. Blended all with a tissue again and erased some parts were neccessary like the mirror effects.
6. Progress of step 5. Revised always a bit of her face during all the steps.
7. The final drawing
The full drawing can be seen here
Original character design from Lightning by Tetsuya Nomura!
Final Fantasy and Lightning is © Square-Enix!
Thanks for looking.